Friday, February 27, 2015

RIP Leonard Nimoy, 1931-2015

I grew up with Leonard, from The Untouchables, and the I Robot episode on Outer Limits, to Spock, of course, and Mission Impossible, replacing Martin Landau.
It was about that time I learned I'd seen him--looking amazingly Spockish--years before in the combined Commando Cody serial Zombies of the Stratosphere. He was on everything: Combat, Gunsmoke, Perry Mason, Sea Hunt, The Twilight Zone, even Get Smart. I even saw him play Malvolio in Twelfth Night at the old Pittsburgh Public Theater back in the 1970s. He died this morning at 83. Yeah, He lived long and prospered.
*the above photo is from a party his record label threw--yeah he had a record deal--in 1969. Partying with Eric and Jimi. You don't get to do that every day. So long, Leonard.

8 comments:

edutcher said...

He also did "Sea Hunt" ('57) when he was starting out.

And I know what you mean about seeing him everywhere.

Guys (and girls) like that became part of your DNA.

GOODSTUFF said...

He has been beamed up for the final time.

ooGcM taobmaetS said...

Is that "Eric" (as in Eric Burden of The Animals) in the photo?

ooGcM taobmaetS said...

That would be "Burdon".

LC Aggie Sith said...

I own one of his vinyl records.

He will be missed.

Soylent Sage said...

No,McGoo. The mercurial Eric Clapton, on the far left, sporting a fro.

ooGcM taobmaetS said...

Damn. I wasn't even close enough to be just plain wrong ...

The second guy does kinda look like Eric Burdon, though.

BTW: LK came up for air ... see his blog.

Soylent Sage said...

Does look a bit like him.
I'll check in with LK.