Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Obamandias To Sacrifice Steel Workers To Gaia


Of course the God/King won't tell them that when he's using them for props during his stop in the Burg today. He'll blather about about the props' "good-paying jobs" and raising the minimum wage---which ever so conveniently also raises USW wages.
He'll neglect to tell the props that the EPA's assault on coal--all so he can say he's "acting on climate change"--will eliminate the steel industry, and their 'good-paying jobs". You can't make steel without coal, more specifically, coke. The steel industry didn't start here for iron ore, there isn't any. It began here because there is a lot of coal and three rivers to move it on..
The USW union bosses won't mind, though. They've diversified. They now even get dues from the people making these, in Pittsburgh's Strip District. Too bad they can't power a steel mill, or a coke battery, or even a AA-battery now that I think of it. Fuck Obama!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have yins ever been to Picksburg?
I have.
I remember being accosted by a local with the following query, "What's your watch at?" I could not understand what the fuck she wanted. Turns out, she wanted to know what was the time. Who knew?

Then there's this quaint Three Rivers vernacular, "Yins goin' dahn tahn Picksburg to see the Stillers/Bucks?
Well fuck me from behind with the Fort Pitt Tunnel, but that place was so shit!
I lived in Shadyside, 612 Copeland Street, Pittsburgh, Pa 15232

Soylent Sage said...

Was she about 4' tall and 4' wide wearing a babushka, a faded flower muummu and snow boots? Oh wait, that's no help, they all look like that.
See--that's what happens when the lawyers shut down all the state hospitals.
Now they wander the city like Hamlet's ghost...most foul.

Anonymous said...

To be fair, of all the cities I've seen, nothing beats exiting, inbound, the Fort Pitt Tunnel, at night, to see The Point all lit up.
It's great even when you're sober.

Anonymous said...

Since when have snow boots been de rigueur?

And it's moo moo.
Jaysus!

Soylent Sage said...

Well, I never drive the Fort Pitt Tunnel sober.
Takes all the fun out of it.

Eric Praline said...

When the steel jobs are gone and the city goes bankrupt, remember: at least you're not stuck with the Lions

Soylent Sage said...

The Steel industry went belly-up in the 80s, Eric.
US Steel still has one plant here though, which includes the Clairton Coke Works.
There we two others actually in the city 35 years ago, and dozen more along the Ohio and the Monongahela Rivers.

Anonymous said...

"......Obamandias......"

You bastard!
I just got that!
There I was, fellating the local constabulary for my per diem crack fix, when a nasty wave of l'esprit de l'escalier washes o'er me!


My name is ALT-F, Queen of Cunts: Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

I hate you!