Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The New AAAS Thermageddon Propaganda Site

They call it WHAT WE KNOW. After a two-second perusal of its title page, here's WHAT I KNOW...

I know these guys are--to paraphrase Michael Mann: more than 100 percent full of shit. Based on the evidence? Of what--aliens building Machu Picchu, the Bermuda Triangle, Cold Fusion? Because that's about as good as their "evidence" gets. And they put that laughable 97 % bogosity right there for all to see. Then, again, WHAT I KNOW is 97 percent of pseudoscientists will do whatever it takes to keep the green graft funding their ivory-towered academic fiefdoms, rather than do any work that could actually be tested.

And the reviews are in: Embarrassment...Mangled...Fallacy and more.

4 comments:

Rob said...

That is the 3rd time I have seen the 97% quoted but I have never seen where that number came from.

I suspect the "big lie" is being used.

Every time I bring up the last 10k years of temps from the Greenland ice cores it's ignored.

http://jonova.s3.amazonaws.com/graphs/lappi/gisp-last-10000-new.png

Anonymous said...

What I know, is that less than three weeks ago, either or both of those photos could have been taken in my driveway.

Eric Praline said...

What I know is that it's easy to manufacture a "consensus" when you have a computer program stringing together random jargon words and phrases into gibberish that gets published in "peer reviewed" papers without actually being read.

Anonymous said...

Once upon a time there was a newspaper section called Ripleys "believe it or not". It was called that because a lot of it was completely made up by Ripley. But at least he let you know it wasn't real.