Friday, June 7, 2013

There May Not Be Enough Alcohol...


I have a houseful of 11-year-old girls--delayed birthday party. Only six of the original kazillion are sleeping over. Luckily, I was able to get to the liquor store before the onslaught. They "graduated" from 5th grade today. I managed to clean the house, buy all the food, attend the 1:30 ceremony and, so far, maintain some semblance of functionality.
I. Am. A. God.
Cinnamon rolls for breakfast--I doubt I will be able to look at an egg. Liquor store doesn't open again until 9 a.m.
As Lt. Commander Gary Mitchell said, "Pray that you die easily."



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I raise my glass to you, sir. Had it been me in a similar situation I would have turned to hard drugs long ago. Für Ihre Geseundheit!

Soylent Sage said...

TY, my man. I somehow survived.

Howie Honky said...

So... you got the kids drunk on all that liquor and you slept like a log? No? Maybe you did it wrong.
"OK, kids, I made you a special kind of grown up Kool-Aid, have a glass!"