Friday, January 10, 2014

Lad, Have You Ever Tried Any Saurian Brandy?

Some of you have heard me repeat the aphorism about my ancestors that God created whisky so the Scots wouldn't conquer the world. And some of you have heard me opine that their current energy "policy" of replacing actual, functioning coal and gas power plants with unreliable and triply expensive birshredders and unicorn farts is proof of that aphorism.
Well, never let it be said my people aren't consistent, and dedicated--especially when it comes to putting on a shitface. See this...?


This is the world's strongest beer. The caution-tape label--that's for real. This stuff is...wait for it...67.5% APV. That's right--135 proof. Higher than Wild Turkey.
These are the guys who thought it up: John McKenzie and Lewis Shand...

Why...?  Well, according to Shand, it was because customers said their previous record-holding brew, Armageddon (65% APV), was...yeah... Too Weak.
My people...Awesome.

6 comments:

Eric Praline said...

If they ever learn the Ruskies' secret to being a major power while staying 3 sheets 24/7, there's gonna be a serious shift in the EU's power structure.

Leonard Jones said...

I'm part German/Irish/English-- No drinking problems in my family!

I just D/Led an image of a bunch of
kilt clad soldiers charging a
trench with the caption (Because balls this big don't fit in
trousers!

LC Aggie Sith said...

Your people are awesome, but you my friend rise above them ;)

Anonymous said...

Well that sucks: went to buy a bottle and they don't have it for sale yet. I must have a bottle of 135 proof beer.

Soylent Sage said...

Truth--You nay have to buy it online. It was selling for $81 a bottle in October.

Chief Nose Wetter said...

I would love to try this stuff. More excellence from the Scots!