Thursday, January 30, 2014

Your Music History Moment Of The Day

After listening to the rooftop concert on its 45th anniversary the other day, it occurred to me that a bootleg album I used to own featuring alternate takes from the "Let it Be" sessions and Paul McCartney's first solo album might be available. Lo and Behold:


Here's the playlist:

I actually prefer this version of "I've Got A Feeling," except that they stop abruptly. Two versions of "Get Back," both good, bringing the total to about, what, seventeen? Skip the "Peace Message," unless you're interested in committed, but historically naive, optimism that the 1970s would really be different. The "Christmas Message," however, is cool--think Monty Python meets Firesign Theater.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've found that if you create a digital copy of this acetate/vinyl bootleg album, rather than download a version, and then save it on a computer, AND then re-format the hard drive of that computer, you'll have a fantastic extended version of Side 2, Track 4 of Unfinished Music No. 2: Life with the Lions recorded by Lennon and Ono on the Zapple label in 1969 - ten years before I was born.